Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Common Threads Auction

One of my guilds had an auction tonight and boy was there a lot of stuff there. I donated quite a bit when cleaning my sewing room and didn't plan on buying much. When this Bunny Hill Snowman Country kit went up, I couldn't resist. I paid $17.50 for it and looked it up online and it sold for $75, so I got quite a deal. I think there may be a few of the fat quarters missing, but at that price, who cares!

I left after about an hour and a half because I really wanted to make some progress on Barb's depression blocks quilt. I have finished the center and have the bottom border to do and then I will take it off, turn it and re-load it to do the side borders. It seems like this one has taken me a long time. I loaded it Sunday morning and would like it to be finished tomorrow evening.

My plan was to come home at lunch again today to get in some stitching time, but I really needed a haircut, so I did that and I'm feeling a bit behind. I have 3 quilts (2 are king size) that must be finished in the next 10 days, so Mabel will be one busy machine.


Susan said...

And you will be one busy lady.

Good deal on the kit at the auction.

I gave up on keeping the studio clean for prospective buyers. I just clear the center and keep on going. I kept it in perfect order the first year but it seemed to make no difference.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

What a great SCORE at the auction..congrats. Keep that machine busy girl.


Gari said...

I have that pattern but how nice to get the kit. But how are you going to find the time to make it up?