Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Heavy Heart!

Maybe you remember Dan's grandson, Jackson, who was born December 13th at 26 weeks, and weighed 1 pound and 12 ounces. Well, he is out of the hospital and weighs over 7 pounds now. Notice, I didn't say he was home.....because
his mom and dad, Mandy and Cory have decided to go their separate ways. Cory wants nothing to do with his son, as I guess it's just to much work caring for a newborn. Mandy and baby Jackson are living with her mom, but it's too much work for her also, so they will be putting him up for adoption. I know this little boy will have a wonderful life with parents who cherish him, but it sure is hard. I didn't get a chance to hold him in my arms and bond with him like Teresa, Dan's ex-wife did. She drove those kids to the hospital once or twice a week to visit Jackson for 4 months. After leaving the hospital, she kept him overnight and says this is probably the hardest thing she's ever gone through.



So, if you have a chance, say a little prayer that Jackson will know how much he is loved by our family.

13 comments:

QuiltSue said...

What can I say, except I am so sorry for all of you.

Diane said...

prayers for peace in your hearts-such a wrenching decision for any family.

Gwen said...

My heart is hurting for all of you. Saying prayers for peace and a wonderful life for Jackson. Hugs!

Cheryl Willis said...

I read this last night and was too choked up to comment. I can't imagine the heart ache. I would offer to take him in a heart beat. (Hubby would kill me, we just got the other ones out of the house) It is a hard situation to be part of. Prayers for the little one. What a great blessing he is going to be for his new family. Sorry you are not going to get to be a part of his life. This happens more then we realize. so sorry, cw

SandyQuilts said...

Oh my gosh I am so so sorry for all of you. I pray the family who is lucky to adopt him will be the best. I can't believe it.

Granny said...

Ruthie, I can only imagine how hard this must be for you all. Reading your post made me very grateful for a family who once went through the same pain so that Chad was adopted to us. I pray that Jackson will have a great life in a loving home and though he'll always be a part of your heart, I pray for strength for all of you in this hard time.

Mimi said...

A Heavy Heart......that says it all. I am so sorry for you. I sure hope he has a very happy life with someone who loves him and will tell him how much he is loved by his extended family. I will definitely say a prayer for him and for you and your family.

Andee said...

My heart also goes out to you all..Jackson will be loved by anyone lucky enough to be chosen for him...hugs to you all during this difficult time.

Mel said...

Ohhh. Prayers for the little guy!!

Judy D in WA said...

I cannot imagine what it would be like to make this decision. Prayers for everyone. Hugs

Howdy said...

I'm so sorry Ruthie... but better that she choose to give up the child to adoption then to always wish she had... I'm sure this hasn't been easy and will be something that weighs heavy on her. Y'all will be in my prayers.

sossy said...

Oh Ruthie. How sad. Donovan has a relationship with his birth grandfather, so there is always hope. Especially is she chooses to go through a private adoption. I can't imagine how you all are feeling but I can tell you how amazing and blessed we felt to get Donovan so there is a set of parents that will be eternally greatful and will love that little boy like no other. If she lives around here and is searching for a family I know of two great families that would love a child. Will be praying for this situation.

SandyQuilts said...

I've been thinking about little Jackson ... was he adopted? I hope you don't mind my asking.