Monday, August 9, 2010

Brenda's Wild Flowers

That's the name I've given this quilt. It sure is bright! It rained here tonight, so no good shot of the quilt outside yet.



I used Lava Colorburst thread to quilt the swirls in the crazy blocks and triangles, and also the meander around the flowers.



The borders are PermaCore Eggshell thread, and a panto called Spin by Jodi Beamish, and I took the quilt off and reloaded it to get the side borders. Lots of extra work, but I like how it turned out.



The flowers have So Fine thread and I did an echo sort-of in the petals. I told her that I wasn't going to try to outline them and she was happy with that. It's for one of her granddaughters and there will be 2 more coming using the same fabrics, but different designs.

2 comments:

Diane said...

just love how you quilted that!

Gina said...

that quilt is stunning and I love how you've quilted it.

Love and hugs Gina xxx