Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Pedicure!

The title should be, "The Pedicure That Wasn't Meant To Be!"

Julie gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure at Loves for Mother's Day this year. On my birthday I scheduled a pedicure, my very first one at a salon. Went to pay for it and that's when I realized I was at the wrong salon. I was at Christina's, so I paid for it and put the gift certificate away. I'm not sure why I made the appoointment there, but, oh well I very much enjoyed it.

This week I thought about that pedicure, so I called and made an appointment at Loves for today at 1:00pm. I arrived a couple minutes early and checked in at the desk. I was told to look over the polish colors and pick one, then have a seat and the nail tech would be with me in a few minutes. The girl at the desk left the desk and there were several people in and out of the desk during the next 20 minutes. As soon as 1:20 passed, I got up and walked out. I was very irritated and I knew that if I stayed, it wouldn't be pleasant. If the person scheduled to do my nails was busy, I would have understood if someone had let me know. I kind-of expected a call from them, but nobody called.

When I was at Christina's I did have to wait a couple minutes, but even then, the reciptionist asked if I would like something to drink. I barely had time to open a magazine before she was ready.

3 comments:

QuiltSue said...

You really have to wonder sometimes - the level of customer service seems to be going down everywhere, at a time when I would have thought it should be going up, to increase/hold on to customers.

Karen said...

The worst thing you can do is not to let the salon know what happened. Call and ask for management and explain your situation. Perhaps you will save this from happening again to the next client.

Gina said...

I would have had to say something. At first discreetly and then a bit louder if needed. They will continue to do this unless someone says something. I don't mind being kept waiting if I get an explanation but I will not tolerate ignorance.

Love and hugs Gina xxx