Monday, August 2, 2010

Roberta's Antique Quilt Tops

I finished quilting the last 2 quilts for Roberta this weekend. I used a Hobbs poly batting and really wish I had used 80/20 because I'm not fond of the puffiness.

This one was quilted with the Button Flower panto by Keryn Emmerson, and Permacore White thread. I'm not sure of the name of this pattern, but it is really pretty.

This one had lots of fullness in the center and I quilted a freehand e's & o's meander, denser within the star. It looks like she started out trying to use the colors of the fabrics in the star and then gave up and stitched them randomly.

I have stitched the binding on by machine and will hand stitch the other sides this week. I'm sure Roberta's daughters will be quite happy with these heirlooms.

1 comment:

Diane said...

nice work on both.