Monday, August 9, 2010

Dan's Back and A Baby Quilt

I only worked for an hour this morning and then came home to care for Dan, who has pulled something in his back again. He spent most of Friday through today resting with ice and lots of Advil and Tylenol. He got in to see Dr. Clark this afternoon and is feeling much better. He will still not be able to go to work, but I'll feel ok leaving him for the day tomorrow now that he can walk again.

I did get a chance to load and quilt this lovely quilt made by Peggy and Kathy. I believe it's for a co-worker expecting a baby. Isn't it just cute as can be? I love how the secondary designs come out. Sometimes I see stars and sometimes I see square-in-a-square.



Daisy Swirl panto, Permacore eggshell thread and Hobbs 80/20 batting.



And the back:

5 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I hope that Dan is feeling much better! The quilt looks great!!

QuiltSue said...

I always love quilts that have a secondary pattern to them.

Hope your DH's back recovers soon.

Gina said...

Tell Dan to take good care of himself. Once he's got a weakness in his back he'll always have trouble.
love the quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Mel said...

Oh dear- Hope Dan's back gets better soon!!

You always amaze me with your quilting talent!!

julieQ said...

Isn't that quilt just so pretty! I sure hope Dan's back is getting better...