Thursday, April 3, 2008

OC Step One

I have all my strips sewn together and cut into segments. I started sewing the segments together last night.



I also loaded and quilted this lovely pineapple quilt for Peggy. The batting is Fairfield and I'm not sure of the content because I don't have the package here, but I'm not a big fan of this batting. It didn't seem to grip the top as well as Hobbs 80/20 or Warm and Natural. Still turned out pretty. The pantograph is Popcorn and the thread is Permacore Honey.


5 comments:

Angie said...

I wish your picture of your Orange Crush strips sewn together was just a tad bigger. But, I can see the dark, light values look great! I just have my strips cut up for now as I'm leaving on a quilt retreat on the 13th for 4 days, and I plan to make sewing the 4 patches one of my retreat projects. I also think it's worth lagging behind a bit with this mystery to see what some of the other quilters patches look like. I also saw that Bonnie was on the Quiltsville Yahoo Group yesterday and made a comment about leftover 2" light strips would be used in another part of the mystery! So, I will just cut and sew the segments just until I have the 150 required 4 patches, hoping I still have a lot of 2" light strips left. I enjoy reading your Blog! And the Pineapple quilt is beautiful!

Angie said...

I clicked on the picture Ruth, and now I can see the fabrics for your 4 patches better! They are great darks!

Purple and Paisley said...

the quilt for peggy is gorgeous! i wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and your kind comment...and for entering my giveaway...your visits are appreciated!

Kucki68 said...

What a fun way to do pineapples, Peggy has done good.

Lori in South Dakota said...

Hmm--fairfield. Was it 100% cotton? I used one package once, it just HAMMERED a I quilted it. And it bearded!! But after I washed it (it was mine thank goodness) it softened up and 90% of the bearding disappeared.