Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Last of Carole's Kaffe Quilts

I finished up the quilting on this one tonight using Rhapsody Pantograph by Jodie Beamish, Warm & Natural Batting and PermaCore Old Gold Thread. I just love this festive looking pantograph and I hope Carole does also.







Now, I have to get busy packing for the big weekend trip with grandchildren Matt and Jessica, who are both 12 years old. We are leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for Chicago and will visit the Museum of Science and Industry, maybe the Shedd Aquarium and Navy Pier. The hotel we are staying in is attached to the CoCo Key Water Resort, so I better take plenty of hand sewing to do while they are enjoying the water.

A short drive up to Wisconsin will take us to the Jelly Belly Warehouse/Outlet store for a tour and some Hodge-Podge and the Mars Cheese Castle to pick up plenty of Wisconsin Cheese Curds to take home-YUMMY.

The hotel does have wireless internet and I'm taking the laptop, so I may be posting some photos during our trip (if I have any spare time).

See you soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, Ruthie, I took my kidlets to Chicago recently. Before you go to the Shedd- see if they still have the Oceanarium closed. It is a sizeable portion of the place and we were bummed that it was closed.

I would HIGHLY recommend the Brookfield zoo.

Also, the Museum of Science and Industry was running a free admission special that was supposed to last for a month. I'm not sure when the promotion ends so check it out before you buy any of those city museum passport tickets.

HAVE FUN!