Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Stashbusting Week #13


It was a good week for me - NO buying at all!

March 23-29, 2009

Fabric Added This Week - 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date - 63.25 yards

Fabric Used This Week - 15 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date - 109.75 yards

YEAR TO DATE NET TOTAL: 46.5 yards

My big usage this week was making cat beds for the animal shelter. 11 of them, all filled with tiny scraps and threads. I must admit that I had a much easier time last year picking fabric to use for these. This week, I would open a drawer and think, "No, I don't want to use any of these." But, I finally found some and rest assured, there is more to be used.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Ruthie!

I'm wondering if you could tell me a little more about the cat beds you make. I've just been 'gifted' with a large piece of somewhat ugly, cotton/polyester blend that I won't be using for people quilts, but maybe it would make some kitties comfy! Is this something you came up with yourself, or did your shelter put out a request? Is there a particular size that is good? Anything that does or does not make good filling? I have a bunch of fleece and flannel selvages I could put in, as well as batting scraps, if you think that would work.