Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Independence Day

I hope you have a wonderful day and take some time to think about our country.



We are off to Chicago for an overnight trip and a visit to IKEA. Last year on the 4th, the neighbors and about 50 of their friends took the liberty of lighting fireworks on our side of the driveway and in our yard. Dan went outside to talk to them and the neighbor said, "It's a free country and non of your business. If you don't like it call the police!" So, Dan called the police and....they refused to do anything until after midnight. WTF...They were on our property! Want to buy a house

So, to avoid the same kind of confrontation this year, we're leaving town. Today marks Dan's one year anniversary of being a non-smoker. He actually started taking Chantix on the 2nd, but refers to the 4th as his anniversary. It hasn't been an easy year, but I'm so proud of him!

2 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Wow those are some pushy neighbors. Have a great trip to Chicago! And Congrats to the non smoker. That is a anniversary worth marking.

Pat

Anonymous said...

This post reminds me of some neighbors we once had. Shot off bottle rockets into our trees! At least our police will respond.

One year of nonsmoking! Hey, WOW, congrats!! I'm coming up on my 10th this year, but was probably a little older when I quit. Even when I quit I thought I'd be a smoker forever... I still find it amazing that I no longer smoke.

Bet you had fun at our Ikea. Did you use the cart elevator? That's the most fun.