Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How long?

How long does it take to load, quilt with a dwirling design, cut, attach and hand stitch binding on a 62x72" quilt?

4 hours and about 17 minutes. That's what I did last night for Vicci.
She made this cute quilt for her grandson and needs to get it shipped across the country for his birthday.



I loaded it with my quick snaps at about 8:00pm after dinner and making cream cheese mints for the baby shower this weekend.



I started hand sewing the binding at 9:40 and finished at 12:17am



Yes, I was a bit tired today, but not too tired to load and quilt the latest Scrap Squad quilt tonight.



Now, if the tornado sirens would quit going off, I could get some sleep!

1 comment:

SandyQuilts said...

Oh my gosh that is too cute. Did you use a pattern? or wing it? Our SIL is crazy for trains and is desperately trying to interest DD. This quilt would be perfect for them.