Monday, June 11, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Last Friday, Jeni came over and we loaded the class reunion quilt, got it quilted and stitched on the first side of the binding and she took it home to hand sew the binding. I can't wait to see it finished. We have a meeting tomorrow evening and I'm sure the committee will be wowed by our efforts. I designed the backing and love how it turned out. The only part of the back I'm not totally happy with is the Broncho. I printed it on Printed Treasures and the longarm needle is just too big for that fabric. I hope the holes close up a bit, but I'm pretty sure they won't. I had forgotten about that issue.

Here's a little shot of the front.
I decided on Bountiful Feathers for the quilting design and Jeni agreed. The thread isn't actually that white, it caught the light just right.

And my birthday present to myself came today:


No comments: