Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas with Calise

While in Shipshewana in October, I saw this minkee at the Cuddle corner.

My son is in the Army and deployed to Afghanistan right now. We thought this pink camo minkee would make a cute strippie quilt for his daughter, Calise.

I bought some pink and brown minkee at Joann's when they were on sale and sewed the strips together with my serger, loaded it on the longarm and got it quilted in time to give it to her last weekend.

Calise is two and she has a stuffed doll that has his picture on it, called a Daddy Doll. Julie saw this cute already-made-up little blanket while I was getting my fabric cut, and so I bought it for her Daddy Doll. Here's the very sleepy little girl with her daddy doll and cozy minkee blankets.


We also got her a Melissa & Doug dollhouse for Christmas and I think she likes it!



No comments: