Monday, May 19, 2008

Photo Quilt

I loaded the photo quilt on Saturday after much debate with myself on how I would quilt it. I decided to do beadboard on the borders and Stitch-In-the-Ditch around the photos and the blocks. It really didn't take me as long as I thought it would, although it took longer than a pantograph, of course. I worked for about 2-3 hours on Saturday evening and on Sunday I started at 9am and was finished with it a little before noon. I didn't attach my extended plate and use a ruler, but rather guided the hopping foot with my left index finger. That seems to be the easiest way for me to SID. Another new-to-me thing was using Monopoly thread - Smoke from Superior Threads on the top and PermaCore Camel on the back. I didn't have to fuss with it too much to get a good stitch, although some of my corners wanted to take shortcuts on the back. I did work for about 3 hours last night knotting and burying the threads while watching some TV.

No comments: