Monday, May 4, 2009

I Need a New Printer!


I have an Epson 4450 All-In-One Printer that is only a year old. It works great, but the ink is sending me into the poor-house. The Cartridges are separate and I really like that, but they don't seem to hold very much. Last week I was printing photos for the Horseshoe Quilt and printed 12 sheets of 4 photos each. I changed the Cyan cartridge at the very beginning. Several sheets into it, I replaced the Black, several sheets later, it was the Magenta, and before I was finished, I replaced the Yellow. I bought more Printed Treasures sheets and did 4 more sheets and I'm stuck now because I am out of Cyan and Magenta already. Now, granted, printing photos uses more ink than a text page, but this is ridiculous.

I ordered some knock-off cartridges last year and they don't work in it, so I'm spending $13 for a black cartridge and $9 for each color one, for a total of $40 to print less than 20 pages. Hmmmm, that's just way too much!!

Any recommendations? Do you have a Kodak printer? I've been seeing their advertisements regarding cheaper ink, so maybe that's the way to go. Whatever I decide, I need to do it quickly, as I cannot print anything with an empty cartridge.

3 comments:

Yvette said...

I was looking into the Kodak printers as well. I am sick of paying $60.00 each time I need to replace my ink cartridges.

Judy Laquidara said...

Ruthie, I have an HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-in-One. I've had it maybe longer than a year so I don't know if that number is still available. We order the XL cartridges directly from HP and I think the ink is discounted . . maybe if you order several at a time. I'm constantly printing color patterns and EQ drawings and I've been very pleased with how long each cartridge lasts. I think I change them maybe 3 times a year. The cartridges are separate. I wish I could tell you exactly how long they last but I'm thinking I go through a whole box of paper before I change my cartridges. Photos take more ink than EQ drawings though so .. what do I know? :)

Unknown said...

hi,
I read your post, i am using Epson printer and Epson Printer Ink Cartridges, i am satisfied by it. you can try it.