Sunday, May 17, 2009

MQS Summary

What a wonderful time I had at MQS. My first class was with Lisa Coker and she did a sampler on black showing different ideas for the blocks. I won this class sample and then purchased some bright green thread so that I can finish the quilt.

I also bought a book from her. I really enjoyed this class and think that I will actually be able to do some of these designs. Thanks so much Lisa!



My next class was Design-a-Rama, with Kim Brunner, and she showed 3 levels of quilting for lots of blocks....another great class! Hopefully, I will be more willing to quilt from the front of my machine now.

Thursday evening was the Showcase and Audacious Auction and I won this Vera Bradley purse kit.



Friday morning was Threadology with Dr. Bob from Superior Threads. What a great class!!! I learned so much about thread and what to do when I can't get a particular kind to run smoothly. He tied us all up with thread several times during the program. So of course, I bought some new needles and prewound bobbins.

Friday afternoon was Wiggle Room with Sally Terry and then the banquet on Friday evening. David Taylor was the speaker and what a great performer he is, in addition to his quilting talent. Bag patterns, thread and zippers were given out at the banquet.

I did buy a couple things that I thought Mabel might need....some zippers and a horizontal spool holder for when I use a spool rather than a cone of thread.


We caught an early flight home on Saturday and I arrived home none too soon as poor Dan has been suffering with a bad back for several days and could sure use some help around here.

5 comments:

Mimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi said...

Apparently I can't spell too well, but I just had to say WOW...that sounds like one great retreat. Love the black with green thread and can't wait to see it finished. Also, you are one lucky gal.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Oh, that Very Badley bag pattern is what our shop puts out! They are great and the pattern is pretty easy!!

Anonymous said...

The classes and teachers sound great. I always planned to do that show when I had my longarm but never got there.

Mary Johnson said...

My sister was at MQS this year and even taught a couple classes but I gave it a miss this year -- too many other trips on the agenda. Glad you had a good time and learned a lot too!