Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More Sweet Treats....and TP

Here's another one that I made last night:


OK, now on to a more serious matter.
We usually use Charmin Toilet Tissue around here, but one of my purchases at Kmart included a 6 pack of Quilted Northern. Now being a quilter, how could I pass that up with $2.00 off. So, I put the first roll on Sunday evening and each an every time I have looked at the roll I have thought, "Gee, it sure seems narrower!" So this morning before work I finally got out 2 rolls....one Charmin and one Quilted Northern and guess what? The quilting must take up some of the tissue width because it is almost 1/4 inch narrower than the Charmin. It's kind of like the ketchup and pancake syrup bottles that have gotten skinnier lately. The price hasn't gone down, but the bottles are smaller. It's really hard to get a good photo because the Northern roll is much bigger around, but look!


Edit: Well here you go: Proof!

2 comments:

Linda C. said...

Your treats are adorable. I did an ice cream sundae many years ago. I called it, "Dieter's Dilemma: I scream ice cream!"

I have a Hewlett Packard all-in-one, and use Staples Rewards system to turn in the empty cartridges. Just got a check for $30 yesterday, and that will keep me in toner for a bit, anyway. They have a special on paper this week. Use the Rewards card to buy a carton of paper, and get half the money back in Rewards. Works for me!

qandlequeen said...

Wait. The ketchup and syrup bottles are skinnier????????? I failed to notice that! Grrrrrr