Sunday, August 3, 2008

Charity Quilt Workshop

On Saturday our guild had a charity quilt workshop. There were 10 of us at the workshop and here are some shots from the day. These will be given to Life Care Services and the local hospitals.



It's always great to get together for sewing days and I'm not sure why more members don't participate. The first picts are of some of the sewers and then all the donated fabric being sorted by Sandy. Then our group shots with the quilt tops completed. Some members took home kits to complete, so we should have a great show-n-tell at our meeting in a couple weeks.

Here is a top I completed yesterday and I loaded and quilted it this afternoon using my new FanClam template, Light Chambray PermaCore thread, and Quilters Dream ploy batting. I didn't time myself when pinning the quilt on, but I do know that it was 15 minutes of stitching time and from the time I started quilting until I finished it was just under 30 minutes. LOVE that Circle Lord stuff.



These blocks are over there-> on my UFO list and they were given to me several years ago when I had the charity fabric stash. It will be good to get that one finished.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

okay ... I am impressed!

Mary Johnson said...

What a great accomplishment! Thanks for sharing.

Mar said...

This looks like it was a fun group, you certainly got a lot accomplished!

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats to you all on a very productive day!! Isn't it great to turn some UFO blocks into a quilt and have it (almost) done :)