Monday, September 8, 2008

Quilt Camp

Whew, what a great time we had. I got lots of sewing done and even convinced my tablemates to go outside their comfort zone and pick some bright fabrics to work with. Joyce was sharing our table and she told me on Thursday that she doesn't work with brights at all. This mauves and green quilt she was hand piecing was beautiful quilt.


I said, (joking) "Just wait, before the weekend is over, you'll be using brights." Well, on Saturday she went up to the store and purchased this pattern and charm pack and whipped this little wall hanging up, saying all the time, "These are sure not my colors!"

I am so sorry that I didn't get any pictures of Julie's beautiful Thimbleberries quilt or of the BRIGHT "Take 2 and Add A Few" blocks that she completed. Maybe she will take some pictures and post them. She also got the binding sewn onto her pink and black quilt.

I put borders on my Labor Day Challenge,



Borders on my Burger Queen Mystery quilt, using a pattern from JudyL's Nine-Patch Extravaganza book,




I made this little activity tote for Andrew that holds coloring books and has a chalkboard fabric panel inside. (For when he is old enough to not try to eat his crayons!)





Used the remains of my Moda Fresh Air jelly roll to make these two.



I made 24 courthouse steps blocks and 4 star blocks for this one. I have the remaining 21 star blocks cut out and ready to sew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruthie, you always amaze me when you go on camps or retreats, because you get soooo much accomplished (and you already know I go on retreats to just play--LOL!) And everything looks wonderful!
Can I be you when (if) I grow up?? Eve

Candace said...

What a lot of beautiful work. I especially like the border for your BQMQ.