Saturday, July 25, 2009

Back from Christmas in July

Well, I'm back and we've had dinner and now I'm ready for a nap. It was a great day and I got quite a bit accomplished.

First things first, look how nicely everything was packed in my car:



And look at these peppers in our garden. The sun was shining on them just right only minutes before and by the time I ran inside to grab my camera, the sun was behind the clouds. Nice peppers, Dan!





My first project was making 2 magic stockings. We are sending filled stocking to the troops this year and the patterns have been distributed and lots of members are working on them. Here are my 2 and below in the collage is a shot of some that MaryAnn made - WOW! - she was on a roll.



Then I assenbled these lotto blocks from last december. I won the lotto and this is the EQ5 layout I was working late last night. I didn't like the outer border fabric I took, so it is borderless, at least for now!



Then I quilted a couple placemats for our Christmas Placemat project. Last year we gave placemats to Meals-on-Wheels and this year they will go to Midland Meals. I'll get the binding on and have some handwork to do this week. They are reversible and in the photo below, you can see the different sides.

No comments: