Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Maple Dance

This quilt is Mary's and is a pattern that Mona taught us all at Shipshewana in April this year. There were probably a dozen of these quilts done that weekend. Mine is hanging up waiting to be quilted.



Anyway, I used PermaCore camel thread, Hobbs 80/20 batting and Maple Dance panto by Karen Thompson. It's quite an intricate panto, but I really like how it turned out.





Now I think I'm motivated to get mine quilted!

In case you're interested, here's a shot of the 1984 quilt:

2 comments:

Mel said...

I love that tessellating pattern! The colors and quilting are beautiful too!

bingo~bonnie said...

I really like the look of those interlocking pinwheels! Did you use a template to make them all???

Love the colors of your friends quilt - it turned out great and just in time for fall that will soon be here.

Love from Texas! ~bonnie