Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Stars and Loops and Bugs and Dinosaurs!

The next quilt in line is Karen's and she planned to quilt this one herself so the top, batting and backing were all pinned. I took it apart and basted muslin strips to all four sides of the pieced backing, as it was the same size or maybe even a bit smaller than the top.


After I did that I loaded it and called Dan in to give his opinion on quilting designs. The choices included Circle Lord Swirls template, Stars and Loops and a new Dave Hudson Dragonfly panto. His choice was the Stars and Loops panto and since it was already on the table, that's the one I went with.

I also finished piecing Clue #1 of Bonnie Hunter's Christmas Lights Mystery Quilt featured in Quiltmaker magazine.

2 comments:

julieQ said...

I love you mystery...shaping up nicely! I am making this one too.

bingo~bonnie said...

your fabrics look great Ruthie ;) I'm finished with Part 1 also - but have not swapped out my scrappy 4-patches yet... I'm hosting a swap and they are all due to me by 8/1/09 and I'm getting excited about pickin and choosin :) :) :)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie