Monday, June 6, 2011

A Busy Birthday Weekend

I spent a good part of the weekend quilting with Mabel.



First up was a Quilt of Valor made by Janet. I used a new Star & Crescent panto by Keryn Emmerson, that I purchased in Paducah, especially for Quilts of Valor.


I love the look even on the back.



Next i loaded and quilted a little civil war quilt for Lois. I planned to do custom, but Janet was here and suggested Baptist Fan, so, less than an hour later, This one was finished.





Next, my own Quilt of Valor, using the same Star & Crescent panto.



All these quilts have Hobbs 80/20 batting and used Permacore Dyed natural thread.

I had a wonderful dinner with Julie and her family. We visited the Columbian Park Zoo and were there when the sand storm blew in. That wasn't fun at all and I think I still have sand in my eyes. But, it was very nice to spend time with them.

1 comment:

kwiltnkats said...

Lois has a prize with your work...thanks to Janet's idea. Like your QOV projects too. Sandi