Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August Finishes


I finished a couple quilts last week and it's a good thing because I don't have much in the way of finishes for August.

Here is my butterfly block swap quilt. It was a UFO from 2005-2006. There were a group of us that met before guild and we each had a tote with fabric and ideas. My idea was butterflies....they could be pieced, appliqued, or whatever the maker chose. I put the top together in 2009, and it's been waiting to be quilted ever since.

Here's the backing, which has been hanging with it since Quilt Quarters (south) closed years ago.


I chose Circle Lord spirals for the quilting because of the movement it shows.



The next quilt is the first try at the soon-to-be-revealed ScrapSquad quilt. I didn't think there was enough contrast in some of the logs, so I started over with more of a plan. This one has been donated to the Duke Smyser Chili Blast. I've given a donation to this group for 3 years now and I think it's such a worthwhile cause.


7 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Those butterflies are so gorgeous, and I love the spiral quilting. Love it. :)

Jennifer said...

Your finished UFO looks great, both the butterflies and the quilting!

Quilter Kathy said...

That is an awesome butterfly quilt! Love the variety of blocks and the border is perfect for it!

Quilts And Pieces said...

The butterfly quilt is a happy quilt!

Donna~~ said...

Gorgeous butterflies--such pretty colors and the border is a perfect frame for them! (Great backing and quilt design too!)

Katie said...

Such a beautiful variety of butterflies and I love the border.

JudyCinNC said...

Beautiful colors and I love the Circle of the Lords quilting. Judy C in NC