Monday, August 29, 2011

Design Wall Monday

How about a design floor?
My design wall is FULL of these latest scrap squad blocks.(Which I can't show you right now)



I opened my row-by-row tote and decided to start the process of putting it together. Here are 12 of my rows:



I've been planning to assemble them in a medallion style and really had no idea how many of each size I had. Janet did Dresden fan blocks, not in the photo above, and I asked her not to sew them together. At first glance, I thought there was too much white in them, so I added snowball triangles and like them much better. I had three 6" rows and figured if I made the sashing around the center blocks 1.75", I could use all the 6" blocks.



I have five 8" rows and chose to take one apart and use 4 of the blocks for corners.
Here is my design floor as it sits right now.

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a challenging task to figure out (for me!)...you are doing a great job of it!

Becky said...

Wow - your row by row is now becoming a masterpiece. I love how you are setting it. To me, that's half the fun - not setting things in straight rows, but seeing what else can be done with them. Great work!

Cathy said...

I love what you are doing with this. It looks fabulous!

Judy D in AZ said...

What a creative way to look at a plain old row by row. I have a Christmas one that is a 10 year old UFO. I will have to dig it out and look at it through your eyes.

Thanks!!!

Vicki H. said...

This is just a beautiful quilt and your assembly is just wonderful. Love the quilt!

Gari in AL said...

I love that you created such a different setting for your row quilt. I did understand how you could do it when I saw that you are a graphic designer. I, however, also like to rework the blocks I wind up with so that the settings are unique to me. Beautiful work.