So, I went home at lunch and whipped up this little tote bag for Andrew.
I think it turned out pretty good with one exception.
The straps are a poly (I think) webbing. Janet gave it to me I believe. When I was pressing the top edges before I topstitched them, I ran the iron over the strap and YIKES....black stuff all over the place....on the bag, the ironing board and the iron. I'll have to deal with that little issue later.
I'm not sure if it is big enough to hold the quilt, but I think he will have fun carrying it around. Maybe he can load it up when he comes to grandma's house for an overnight!