Monday, January 12, 2009

Dresden Fan

Everyone that guessed Dresden Fan from the Saturday night photo was correct.

Here are the blades all turned, pressed and sorted by fabric. they look pretty here, but just wait:




And here they are all divided up into 12 blade sets. I had to do this rather than just doing them randomly, because I had visions of ending up with only one or two colors when it got down to the last few blocks. Now I'm really getting excited about these blocks:



And here are the first 3 blocks.



I think they are just lovely and I'm having second thoughts about giving them away. But, of course, I must. They are for an online 1930's block swap. Who knows, I might just make more for myself.

8 comments:

Cornfield Quilter said...

The fans are wonderful! I think this pattern is one of my all time favorites. Great job! ;D

Susan said...

And didn't I immediately google Dresden Plate so I could start another project when I got home from work. Silly me.

Yours looks great.

Anonymous said...

Awsome. Did you machine stitch or hand stitch? Also how did you finish off the exposed raw edges?

Mel said...

BEAUTIFUL! How nice to have such a cheery project!

Mimi said...

You are so organized. I can see why you would like to keep them. They are beautiful. Guess you will just have to make more for yourself.

Quilter Kathy said...

How beautiful!
It reminds me of my wedding quilt...you can see it here:
http://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/search/label/oldest%20quilt
My blades are round and yours are pointy.
I don't think I could part with those blocks if I were you!

Gari in AL said...

They are beautiful and would make a wonderful quilt. I did a 16 blade Christmas block that will be a pillow prior to next Dec. I hand appliqued it onto a white backbround: lots of little stitches but beautiful.

Kathy said...

Oh wow! That is going to be drop down gorgeous!!