Saturday, February 21, 2009

Making a Bib

Several blog readers have asked me about the process for making the bibs I have shown HERE. I made another one tonight and took some photos to show the process. The knit ribbing is cut 3" x 12.5". The circle is 5" and is cut 3.5" down from the top of the towel.

I try to buy the towels after the holiday/season when they are on clearance. This one is from a set of 3 from Target that I bought last fall when they were clearing out the summer stuff.

Here's a little video showing the process. I believe that it took me longer to create the video than to make the bib!

5 comments:

bopeep said...

Thanks You So Much, Ruthie, you answered all my questions, You are such a nice Lady.
Prayers, Bo

Delighted Hands said...

I received a bib like this for my youngest who is now 22! I still use it for visiting children! When my son got older, he didn't want to call it a bib so it was renamed a 'big boy clothes protector' and then he was happy! (So was I!) Great tutorial!

Anne said...

This was my favorite style of bib when my daughter was a baby. Thanks for the tutorial!! Blogged it at Craft Gossip Sewing Blog:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-pull-over-bib-from-a-hand-towel/2009/02/23/

Kim said...

Thank you, thank you! I have been looking for a tutorial on these when I found yours- it turned out perfect. -Kim
kimsprojectsandideas.blogspot.com

Peacemeal said...

Thanks. I made these many years ago for babies, forgot dimensions. Then made some for Senior citizens, trimmed with lace etc for ladies, made knot, and stitched down ties for men, and they loved the seasonal ones. thanks again, j.