Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Marty's Irish Chain

Here is Marty with the Irish Chain she quilted on Sunday. Her plan was to do a design in the white blocks and the something else in the chains....but that was going to be a bit more than she was ready for. So, she chose the Chantilly Lace pantograph and I think it turned out very nice.





NEXT:
After Marty left on Sunday, Janet came over to get some assistance in putting her sashing on the Rossville BOM quilt. Here is the layout without sashing and she now has the sashing and borders finished and I can't wait to see it tonight at Old Tippe Guild.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Irish chains are beautiful quilts and that one is exceptional.

Great work.

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I love Irish Chain - I'm working on a blue and green Double at the moment. And I love reading about how you help other folks put together or quilt their quilts.

I've recently discovered I'm a "lurker". I found your blog from the Quilter's Cache, and enjoy reading it each night, but have never previously commented. Then I followed your links to Judy's blog and finally signed up for the Stashbusting - just what I need to do!

Thanks for all the beautiful photos you put up - it's an inspiration to help me get moving some days!