Sunday, October 25, 2009

Catching Up!

In the past few days I have finished 8 hanging kitchen towels for Julie....but, I didn't take a photo. Maybe you can take one Julie and send it to me.

I spent yesterday at Rita's house sewing. She is such a wonderful hostess and her craft room is the perfect place to gather to chat and sew. I made a little (12") Halloween wall hanging from the latest Love of Quilting magazine. I did the quilting and binding after I got home last night and hung it up right away.





I started my Fig Tree kit from Rossville Quilts, and have 9 blocks finished. The rest of the blocks are still in 4 pieces, so I have a bit of work to do on this one still.



I finished the binding on my 2 Quilts for Kids and they are in the washer now and will get sent back tomorrow. I tried a new binding on these and really like it. I used the fabric glue method of Sharon Schambers (I think). I have done this before and really like the method. The difference in this time was the decorative stitching I used. When I have done this before, I stitched in the ditch of the front. I wanted these bindings to be really secure because of the frequent washings these quilts will get.



Today I enjoyed lunch with Julie, Jim, Andrew and Elizabeth. What a treat that was. I gave Andrew his Thomas the Train engines that I got a great deal on and he was quite happy about them. Actually, there was one for him and one for Elizabeth, but I am not sure he will share and she actually is a bit young for them anyway.

1 comment:

Purple Pam said...

I like your Jack O Lantern wallhanging. It is a very cute pattern. Sounds like it worked up quickly. Those stockings for the soldiers are great, too.