Thursday, October 8, 2009

Quilts For Kids

I'm not sure who's blog I read about this on, but I'm glad that I did.

Quilts For Kids has partnered with Downy to provide kits to make quilts. I ordered my free kit last week and received it in just a couple of days. The pattern was included and the squares and strips were already cut. Last night I started sewing it together and how cute is this?



They send the fabric for the quilt and you provide the batting and quilt it. They encourage you to send along another quilt made with your fabrics when you return the finished one from the kit. I put the borders on this one of mine last night and will be sending it after it's quilted and bound.

2 comments:

julieQ said...

What a neat program! My guild does something similar with donated fabrics. Your quilt looks great.

Mary Johnson said...

I've seen several kits on blogs recently -- both the kit and your quilt are very cute.