Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Stockings For Soldiers - update

More stockings were delivered last night. Very pretty patriotic ones:



and added to the ones delivered this past weekend,



I believe that we are up to 112 stockings to fill.

We have lots of items to fill them with and money to purchase more items.

How can you help?
We need more addresses.
If you have a family member or friend that is deployed, please send me an email with the address and we will be happy to ship a filled Christmas stocking to them.

I hope that we can get some help with the cost of shipping them also.

It just breaks my heart to think that there are soldiers serving our country that don't get any packages from home. I hope we make their Christmas a little bit better.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Have you checked out anysoldier.com? There are loads of requests there from deployed units and you might find a unit that can use all of the stockings. That would make shipping easier and they would make sure that the stockings go to the those that need the lift the most.

Ruthie said...

Thanks Vicki, I didn't realize you could pick soldiers there. It's a great website.

fiberobsession said...

I'd like to make a monetary donation to fill the stockings. I don't have the time to go shopping or make stockings right now but would like to contribute if you'd be able to use cash.

Andee said...

Didn't know where to find your email, but this is my ex husband's address: SFC DANIELS, Douglas
Task Force 134 LNO
Camp Arifjan
APO, AE 09366

It is his second tour and I am sure he would love a stocking!