Sunday, March 21, 2010

Carole's Purple Feathers



I re-loaded this yesterday to do the side borders. It is a little work to re-load them this way, but it sure makes it easier to do the borders....and these were big borders.


She wanted feathers, and that's exactly what she got. Longarm meandering magic feathers in the log cabin blocks and outer borders, and more controled, over-and-back feathers in the white borders.



I used PermaCore lilac and white thread and Hobbs 80/20 batting. She usually wants Warm & Natural and has a roll here that I use on her quilts, but this one was too big and I would have had to piece it, so I used the Hobbs.

6 comments:

Diane said...

beautiful feathers...luv it!!!

Candace said...

Love this quilt and the one from your previous post. The quilting is so wonderful, I'll bet they love what you've done for them.

Cheryl Willis said...

just beautiful!

bopeep said...

BEAUTIFUL...
I love It !!!!
Prayers, Bo

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful quilting!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Absolutley BEAUTIFUL!!