Thursday, March 18, 2010

Shadow Box

This is Andrea's Shadow Box quilt that I finished this morning. I have this pattern and now I have the motivation to make one of my own. This is another custom job and I'm sure ready for a pantograph or two. I always keep track of my stitching time and this one took 2-1/2 hours. About 7 hours of actual time.



I used PermaCore Lilac and eggshell, and Superior MonoPoly Smoke threads. Hobbs 80/20 batting and the quilting is swirls in the background, 1/4 inch echo in the shadows, and the same kind of feathers in the blocks and border. i know there are several names for these, but I can't remember them.



I love the back of this one. It's a light green with lavender thread.

4 comments:

Maya said...

The back is very pretty. That quilting design is gorgeous!

Vicki W said...

Your quilting really made this quilt special! You are a good team.

QuiltSue said...

The quilting is just gorgeous.

julieQ said...

Wow, the quilting you did makes that quilt, absolutely makes it wonderful!