Monday, March 8, 2010

Retreat Projects

I did get some sewing done at retreat, but not quite as much as usual. I started this quilt for Elizabeth using paper doll fabrics. The clothes are ironed onto fusible fleece so that they will sort-of stay on the dolls. This will probably be for her 2nd birthday next January, so I have a while to get it quilted. I layed some of the clothes on the borders and I really like how they look. I may fuse some onto the border also. The clothes will be stored in a pocket on the back.



Then I got to the outer borders on this kit that I purchased in St. Louis in June of 2008. Can't remember the name of the shop, but they had one hanging and I loved it. It was embelished with crystals and the quilting was awesome. I have solid black for the outer borders, but I think I want something else, maybe with a bit of white or red in it.



Isn't this just the cutest fabric? It reminds me of Dan's parents who love to travel.



I got the center of Andrew's train quilt finished using disappearing nine-patch blocks. I plan to applique a train engine on a top border and the words choo-choo on the bottom, and then a border around the whole thing. He loves trains, you know!

No comments: