Thursday, April 24, 2014

Kendra's Bridal Shower

My grandson, Tony, is getting married in June and I made this quilt for his fiancee, Kendra. She collects elephants and when I saw this elephant fabric, Valori Wells Karavan Marrakech Peacock at fabric.com, I knew I had to make her a quilt.

How cute is this fabric?

The pattern, The Big EZ, is one that Marcia from Rossville quilts showed us at an Old Tippe Quilt Guild meeting. It is one she suggested for using large scale prints.

I chose Luau as the quilting design because the theme of the shower was tropical. Hobbs 80/20 batting and white Omni thread.



I also made the cake, following the beach theme:


The sand is Teddy grahams thrown into the food processor, and the shells are white and milk chocolate.
I made the cute little adirondack chairs the night before using this tutorial. They were supposed to be made with popcicle sticks, but I used some scrap plastic material that we print on at The national Group to make VIP tags and such.


No comments: