Saturday, April 5, 2014

Linda's Flannel BOM

Linda made this quilt and I believe it was a block of the month at Quilter's Harvest. Remember that really cool quilt shop that is no longer in business? It was in an old church in Shadeland, Indiana.


Just a wonderful building to house a shop that specialized in Civil War fabrics. They had lots of other fabrics, too, cute baby fabrics, and lots of homespuns. There was a loft that they hung quilts from and I bought more than one pattern because I saw a quilt hanging there that I just had to make.

While searching for a photo of Quilter's Harvest, I came across this video that I hadn't seen before:


Anyway, back to Linda's quilt...it's flannel, so I didn't want a lot of heavy quilting.


 Lots of angles and some CCs, e's and l's.



 Did I say lots of angles? I didn't quilt the side borders as I went along, but instead, I unloaded it and turned it a quarter turn and re-loaded it so that I could do the length of ruler work with less stops and starts.



No comments: