Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Southwestern Baby Quilt

Dan's niece in Denver just had a baby boy and she requested a Southwestern theme for his quilt. I did some searching online and found this embroidery design at emlibrary.com


 I drew the design out on graph paper and changed it up a bit, but I love how it turned out.


Omni lite tan thread and Hobbs 80/20 batting. A simple meander on this one. A close up of the fabrics:


I sent the quilt about a month ago and didn't know the baby's name as they were waiting to see him to make the final decision on his name. I found this cute wagon label in my label tote and sent along the fabric marker so that she could write in the baby's name.


How's this for a great backing fabric?


And here he is, Glen Luxolo Bailey.


1 comment:

Vicki W said...

What a great quilt!