Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Quilted Pinks and Pooh Quilt

The pink quilt got quilted last night using light pink PermaCore thread. I did freehand flowers in each block, leaves & loops in the sashing, and swirls in the outer pink border. WOW, my stack to have the binding hand sewn is getting bigger.


After quilting last night I started on a baby quilt that I promised to my daughter. Again, I opened a bag with leftover pieces. This one from the Pooh quilt I made for her before Andrew was born.

Here are the squares, sewn into rows.

I think rather than using the green Pooh print for a plain border that I will make a strip border with all these leftover strips.

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

This looks great - your flowers and leaves are beautiful! Don't you love how quilting can take a simple top and make it stunning?