Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas Cottages

I participated in a Christmas Cottage Swap with some other bloggers and received my blocks yesterday. They are just too cute!



I also sent out additional blocks to 9 members of our group to replace my original blocks. I misread the instructions and cut my roof 2.5 x 10.5 instead of 4.5 x 10.5. All the other pieces in the block are 2.5 inches by something else and I looked at those instructions so many times and didn't catch it. Here are my new blocks that went out in the mail.



I finished Cathy's bingo blocks quilt last night and she picked it up, and after she left I realized that I didn't get a picture of the entire quilt. Helpfully, she will bring it to guild next Wednesday.

7 comments:

andsewon said...

I want them!! Send them to me!!! Ha!
Love your cottage blocks!!!!
Just in time to do soemthing new for Christmas too. I am in awe of all you manage to get done and plus busting your stash too!!!
Sweet cuties you had for company too.

Lola

Nanette Merrill said...

Cute Ruthie. Love them.

Carrie P. said...

Hi Ruthie,
I got my blocks the other day and I wanted to thank you for the block that I got. I see that you made more. I had cut a few wrong when I first started and had to redo a couple. We all make mistakes. Thanks for participating.

Pam Marshall said...

Got my blocks.Your work is Great.
Pam

Busy Little Quilter said...

Hi, Ruthie! I got your blog you mailed to us today. You didn't have to do that, and you didn't have to apoligize. I did the same thing on a few of mine when I first started making them and I had to redo them. Like Carrie said, everyone makes mistakes.

Thanks! It's beautiful!

Amanda

Carrie P. said...

Hey Ruthie,
Just wanted to let you know that I got my block today. Thank you for making another one. You have not held me up putting mine together because I am still thinking.
Thanks again, Carrie P.

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Hi Ruthie, I got your block, thank you it is adorable (I thought the first one was just fine) Glad I was in your group, Hugs, Mary