Saturday, March 19, 2011

Carole's 2nd Antique quilt

I finished this one last night and for the first time in a long time, I was able to take some pics outside.


Square feather wreath in the plain blocks and spineless feathers in the 4 quadrants of the other blocks. I love the movement the spineless feathers give those blocks. So fine thread and Hobbs 80/20 batting.



And the back



And a little definition help from the sun.



I'm off to the quilt show in Schererville today, wish me luck.

4 comments:

Kat said...

congratulation for this Beauty !!
..and good luck !! :))

Mimi said...

What a pretty quilt and your quiling is exquisite.

Bonnie said...

Mabel and you have done a fabulous job on this quilt. WOW. I think it should be shown in the NYC Red and White quilt show. Is this all free motion? I can't remember if you have IQ or something like it. No matter the blocks look great and I like the different pattern for each block. Wonderful.

Taryn said...

The back looks as good as the front. The quilting on it is beautiful! Thanks for linking to it in the online red and white exhibit.