Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spring Break at Mardi Gras

Our retreat was a huge success!!!!
Thanks so much to Peggy, Debbie, Marla, Adrienne, Angie and Julie. You guys helped make it run so smoothly.

I can't believe that it's over. Next years retreat....Spring Break in Vegas!

I got quite a bit accomplished including this Quilt of Valor:


It's for the Nancy's Notions QOV challenge and I used the Zig-Zag tutorial here on AmandaJean's blog.

This NICU quilt, Beach Party from More Nickel Quilts by Pat Speth:



These birthday star blocks for some of my online friends:



These truck and tractor blocks for Andrew's quilt. They still need tires appliqued on and I need to figure out how I'm going to set them. The original Convoy quilt wasn't meant to be put on a bed, but is square and on-point.



Our project for the retreat was Thread Catchers and a bunch of them were made.

Lots of pictures of the retreat are here.

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I am loving those quilts. The QOV is great. and the convoy quilt - I LOVE it!!

kwiltnkats said...

I like Pat Speth Nickle Projects too. I made Beach Party in a workshop that was in my area several years back. Have you seen her newest book? It has lots of great border designs. Will you use quilting cotton or something different for the wheels? I saw a similar quilt over the weekend during the Cruisin' Quilters Shop Hop at Amidon's in Poway. It used a black fleece. Sure was cute as I know your's will be too. Sandi