Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tropical Custom for Carla

Carla used a panel for this quilt and a couple of her friends bought the same panel. I'm anxcious to see how they all turned out. I sat and starred at this one for along time as that little voice was telling me to quilt around the leaves and trees in the panel, but I really didn't want to do that.

I chose to do a rippling water in the panels, with white thread at the top and about 1/3 of the way down, I changed to light chambray in an unconspicuious spot. The starkness of the white would have been a little too much. It is still a lot of contrast, but the water area draws your eyes to it immediately and then you notice the rest.

I chose molar feathers for the sashing, taking care to start and end carefully.


I was thinking that the business of the fabric would hide most quilting and Dan actually suggested the beadboard for the outer border.

No comments: