Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blog-Mania and Tag

I can't believe how this whole blog thing has caught on. Now I'm not complaining, mind you, cause I love reading blogs! I started off reading Judy L's, then Bonnie's, then Vicky's, and on and on. I now have 62 on my Bloglines | My Feeds page. Vicky is celebrating 2 years and Jill is celebrating her 200th post and both are having drawings. What generous online friends we have! And what wonderful inspiration these 24/7 quilt shows have become.

Playing Tag
I grew up a couple houses from a "court," you know, a little short street in the shape of a circle. All my friends lived in the "court" and we played dodgeball, softball, red rover, hide & seek, red-light-green-light and of course "Tag." All kinds of Tag - I'm sure this wouldn't be allowed these days, but we actually played cigarette-tag. You had to yell out the brand name of cigarettes when you were tagged, or you were IT. We also played candy-tag and freeze-tag.

Now that I'm all grown-up, I'm playing blog-tag. I've been tagged by Gizmo and here are the rules.

THE RULES:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

Seven random things about me:

1. I'm an only child, but could have had older conjoined twin sisters had they survived their birth.
2. I decorated cakes for 25 years, taught Wilton classes at Hobby Lobby and served as the 4-H Cake Decorating Superintendent.
3. I do not like mushrooms!
4. I'm participating in the K-mart "New Day-Your Way" weight loss challenge. -8lbs so far!
5. I really, really, really want to go to MQS this year, but don't think I am going to be able to pull it off.

Update 2/13/08
Gosh, you all probably think I've lost my mind. I only listed 5 things...........
Here's the final 2:

6. My husband Dan plays the guitar in a garage band, in our garage.
7. I have a really hard time saying NO! that could be why I'm so busy all the time.

Seven people I am tagging:
My Scottie friend, Shelly
My Apple friend, Janet (come on Janet, let's get that blog moving)
and ummm, If you would like to be tagged, please leave me a comment and I would be happy to tag you!

2 comments:

Gizmo said...

Thanks so much for playing.
It's been interesting reading about everyone.

Teri said...

Ruthie,
it's so great to "see" you again.
I'm glad you played along with the tag, people are so interesting.
I've updated my blog from "its all about the quilting" to

http://terificreations.wordpress.com

Happy quilting!
Teri
aka littleflower