Monday, February 25, 2008

UFOs - Wallet Finished

Our guild had a UFO Retreat on Saturday and what fun it was. I worked on 3 different projects and got none of them finished at the retreat, but did get one of them finished at home that night. It is a quilted wallet that I'm planning to give to one of my co-workers. I made her one last spring as a thank you and she has just about worn it out, so I thought I would make her another one. I started this when I was showing my friends Dottie and Janet how to make one and I didn't have the time to complete mine then.



The other two UFO projects are almost completed tops, thanks to my spending some time in the sewing room on Sunday.
One is a string quilt for Fran's soldiers. I am adding sashing with stars like I saw on Mary's blog. I had to go to Joanns today to get some more of the Navy with stars for the borders. I thought I had more of this, but I guess I don't. Oh well, another 1.25 yards isn't going to hurt that much, especially if I use all of it!

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Had to read your blog to see what you've been so busy on!! And yes, you've been VERY busy. I too love those sashing with stars, I have some blocks laid out with dark navy fabric--maybe they will get the "star" treatment also!! Good ideas just go 'round and 'round.