Sunday, February 10, 2008

"Hunters Star-NOT" is Finished!

I certainly got a lot done this weekend. First and foremost is the Hunters Star-NOT quilt, quilted and bound. It does still need a label, but that much is finished. I started to quilt it with - I think it's called peacock meander, but I didn't like it so it was one of those hours of frogging for 15 minutes of stitching. I decided on a regular meander because this is to be a throw for a sofa, so I wanted it to stay soft. Before my longarm, I did a LOT of meandering, got quite good at it, if I might add. I haven't done much of it lately, but I think this is just about the prettiest large meandor I have ever done.





Bias Binding

I don't usually cut my binding on the bias, but thought this one would look really nice. I am so happy with the way it turned out.

2 comments:

Doodlebug Gail said...

Beautiful Ruthie! I love those colours and I'm thinking that this pattern with those colours sure would make a nice quilt for the special men in our lives.

Lissa Jane said...

I am loving this quilt.. I have always wanted to do a hunters star, as the area I live in is called "the Hunter Valley".. gorgeous..


Lissa