Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Scrappy Bargello

I got this one quilted and the binding is sewn down on the first side. This will be given to a soldier returning from IRAQ. This pattern is from Bonnie's Bargello Bowl, and I started it on Super bowl Sunday. I am not good at putting things together random or scrappy. I love the look of some of the finished quilts made my other members, but I tend to put too much thought into sewing the strips together. I call mine organized scrappy, as I used the same fabrics and the same order in all 4 panels and I arranged the fabrics in an alternating light/dark arrangement. I did an allover meander and used PermaCore Chambray thread.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh I'm SO glad someone else did a 'planned' scrappy bargello! Sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it? I am about to put the border on mine. It will go to Alicia (aliciaquilts.blogspot.com)for delivery to a soldier at Ft Collins CO in May. I'm trying to get a couple done for her. Nice work!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Oh Oh OH! I love that. The border you chose just really sets that off! What a wonderful job!
Regina in MI

Lori in South Dakota said...

organized scrappy--perfect!! Although I love scrappy---sometimes that urge to organize just won't go away! Love the quilt!