Sunday, July 13, 2008

Orange Crush With a Twist of Lime

That's what I'm going to call this Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt.


I finally assembled the center of the top today, after putting it aside for quite a while. I didn't follow the color directions for using scrappy colors for all the nine patches and half nine patches. Instead, I used burgandy and brown scraps. Once I started putting the blocks together, I didn't care much for it and that's why it got buried for a while. It's growing on me now and Dan really likes it, or at least he says that he does.

I think I will do a narrow lime green border, some leftover half nine patches along with some burgandy for the second border and finish it off with the orange.

That's about all the stitching I got done this weekend as Dottie came over on Saturday to get help with a wallet and Janet was here today quilting this signature quilt made by Carole A, which will be given to Judy D on Wednesday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your OC. Such a nice contract of big looking blocks with all those white diamonds. Your colors are great too. Such a bright and cheerful quilt.

Kucki68 said...

I love the Lime Crush! Very nice. I still have to try to figure my border, too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

oh I really like that version. The lime just brings out the other colors. Great job!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love your OC! I wish I would have used lime green - it's one of my favorite colours.

Rhonda said...

Wonderful name for a wonderful OC! The lime looks great!

I've enjoyed reading your blog and have chosen you for an award... please check my blog for details.

Candace said...

Your Lime Crush is wonderful. I love the green with it, yours is great, and there is another I like with a different green. Definitely, in my opinion, one of the best color combinations.