Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Son, The Soldier!

As a mother, I couldn't be prouder of my youngest son. He's been notified that he is on the US Army's E-7 Promotion List for this year. He joined the Army in the Spring of 1998, so this is his 10th year. Achieving this rank in that amount of time is amazing.

SERGEANT FIRST CLASS (SFC)
(Addressed as "Sergeant")
Key assistant and advisor to the platoon leader. Generally has 15 to 18 years of Army experience and puts it to use by making quick, accurate decisions in the best interests of the Soldiers and the country.

Retrieved from this site:
http://www.army.mil/symbols/Enlistedescription2.html

My friend Fran is going to see her son return from Iraq this week and I remember the goosebumps I had when Jeff's plane landed and they started filing down those steps.



And then they were marching toward the hanger we had been waiting in for their arrival.



And then to see his photo in the newspaper was a mothers proudest moment.



Fran, my heart is with you this week - ENJOY THE TIME WITH YOUR SON!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Ruthie...Congratulations to your Son and yes, you should be proud of him...give yourself a pat on the back for the fine job you did in raising such a wonderful guy!!! Give him my thanks and thanks from my family for the outstanding job he is doing for his part in helping to protect our citizens and our country!!!