I'm not sure when exactly I cut the fabric for my online March Challenge, Catch a Spinning Star, one of JulyL's free patterns, but I would guess it was late at night. I cut 6 squares that were supposed to be 5.25 x 5.25 like this:
They were cut 5 x 5.25 instead.
Which wouldn't be a bad thing except............ when I was clearing off my cutting table I cut all those 2" black squares so I wouldn't have to put any back into my scrap totes.
I said a few choice words to myself last night and then went in search of more black solid, which I found, luckily, in my black scrap tote. It's not the same fabric, but at least it's a solid black.
So, I continued on, making the blocks for this quilt. I finished putting together 12 blocks and still had these left over:
I must have been really tired when I cut this one out.
I sewed the sashing strips together and put 8 of the 12 up on the design wall. I really like this one and may make more blocks, since I already have half of them sewn, and make this a queen size.